1. Health

POLL: What's The "Perfect" Breast Size?

By October 17, 2008

There's a lot of talk about polls these days, but if you are one of the millions of Americans growing a bit weary of politics, here's a poll for you that might be a little more fun.

One of the toughest decisions (besides choosing the right surgeon) for any woman considering breast augmentation surgery is this: "What size should I go to?" A very strong indicator of just how important this particular decision is? The majority of breast revision surgeries happen because the patient is dissatisfied with the size of her new breasts.

Most women want to end up with a size that is proportional to their bodies, looks believable, but still has that "va-va-va-voom" factor. Yet many also want to know what others will think of their new breasts, since the perception of others is often a strong motivating factor in choosing to undergo cosmetic surgery of any kind. These women can often be found walking around, asking opinions of their friends, family, mail carriers, and supermarket check-out people. So I'm asking my wonderful About.com readers to please lend a helping hand to those making this all-important decision by weighing in on the Perfect Breast Size Poll on our plastic surgery forum. Feel free to leave a comment there as well explaining why you chose the size you did.
Comments
October 17, 2008 at 12:19 pm
(1) jh says:

No more than a C cup. Everytime. Unless you have a big frame maybe. But I’ve never heard of anyone liking more than that unless they are in the adult industry. A C is always flattering, fits well into shirts, but is still buxom. It is like the perfect pair of pants–you can dress them up or down…versatile.

jh
bodaweightlosstips

October 22, 2008 at 10:30 pm
(2) goldengrain says:

I, personally think a person should be able to fit into a straight dress size.
If people have their clothing made for them, or like the look of frankly, what to me is freakish, well, that’s their business.
Some women are in careers that encourage a certain look, and who am I to criticize?
Taste and esthetic preference are very individual.
One thing, every woman should have done what SHE wants and not some person she happens to be attached to for the moment.
I notice that my taste has changed over time, and because of this, I think it is wise to gravitate more toward the ‘norm’ rather than the extremes.

July 26, 2009 at 10:32 am
(3) Moore says:

Definitely F cup

January 21, 2010 at 11:58 pm
(4) that guy says:

I say C maybe D depinding on your frame

February 6, 2010 at 8:59 pm
(5) brown says:

I like dd breats ya

February 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm
(6) rochelly says:

I am actually 18 and a real 32DD and a size 2 on dresses and pants. I have gotten complements but it is frustrating when you cannot find the right bra because your frame is too small while your breast are too big, so I would say a C or D (depending on your frame)..