1. Health
Millicent Odunze, M.D.

The Skinny On Lipozene

By June 27, 2011

Jupiterimages / Getty Images

You've seen the LIPOZENE ads on TV: "Reduce pounds of body fat and weight without a change in lifestyle." All you have to do is take up to two LIPOZENE capsules, three times a day before each meal, for a total daily maximum dosage of six capsules. Oh, and there are clinical studies to back up the product!

Sound too good to be true? Well, it is!

LIPOZENE is not the wonder drug its manufacturer claims it to be once you read the small print. Ever notice that the small print never remains on the television screen long enough for you to read it? The reason is the advertisers know that if you actually read it, you'll see how nonsensical their product is. Fortunately, due to the advance of DVR, you can now rewind, pause, or fast forward any commercial or show.

Allow me to be your pause button! Please note that all the LIPOZENE claims below are taken from actual commercials. Here's the small print on LIPOZENE:

• LIPOZENE claim 1: Clinically proven to lose pounds of body fat and weight.

• Small print: Average of 3.86 lbs of fat loss over an 8-week university study.

My verdict: Because three (nearly four) pounds is more than one pound, the plural "pounds" is technically correct. But figuratively, let's get real. When someone says "pounds of body fat," most people don't think of a mere four pounds. More importantly, a four pound weight loss over a two month time period? A move in the right direction, but nothing to write home about.
  • LIPOZENE claim 2: You don't have to change your life, just take LIPOZENE, that's it.

Small print: Diet and exercise are advised.

My verdict: To the makers of Lipozene, specifically the Obesity Research Institute, I have one simple request. Please show us some undoctored before and after pictures of good results of people who have used LIPOZENE without changing their diet and exercise patterns. Every person in the LIPOZENE commercials is shown only from the shoulders up.
  • LIPOZENE claim 3: Liposuction is dangerous.

Small print: Results not equal to liposuction.

My verdict: The Obesity Research Institute, the maker of LIPOZENE, is attempting to scare consumers about liposuction. Like any other cosmetic procedure liposuction has risks. Overall, it is a procedure that can be done safely. Of course, proper diet and exercise are necessary after liposuction to maintain results.
  • LIPOZENE claim 4: Data supported by clinical double-blind study done at a "major university."
  • Small print: The "major university" is never named!

My verdict: Most universities are itching to publish data that is groundbreaking and truthful. Good research brings notoriety and money. So then why is the "major university" unnamed? Trust me, the anonymity is not in the name of modesty. Something smells fishy here.

In conclusion, save your money. LIPOZENE costs $29.95 plus shipping and handling for 60 capsules. At their suggestion of six capsules a day, this will last for ten days. This adds up to approximately $90.00 month plus shipping and handling. You can find a monthly gym membership for less than that.

For those who can't bear to exercise and want to do the least amount of work possible, consider this. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose one pound. To lose the four pounds in eight weeks that LIPOZENE boasts about, you need to create a 14,000 calorie deficit total. You can do this by eating just 230 less per day for those 8 weeks. That's one candy bar!

But if for those who can't bear to give up that candy bar and wish to limit their exercise to lifting the remote, then LIPOZENE may be a perfect fit!

Or if you're an appropriate candidate, you can always consider liposuction. (That's the plastic surgeon in me talking).

Oh, one more thing.

LIPOZENE also claims that all negative press is "simply biased information from competitors" or "people are upset their credit cards were declined."

A good product doesn't have to devote a webpage to defending its reputation.

And I am neither a competitor nor has my credit card been declined, as I haven't attempted to purchase this product!

Comments
June 28, 2011 at 4:49 am
(1) Beautymed says:

It would be much better if you’re going to have liposuction rather than taking pills or some kind because you might not know the side effects of it.

Question: Will anesthesia be used?

Answer: Yes, liposuction is performed under general anesthesia. However, if only a small amount of fat is being suctioned, liposuction can sometimes be performed under local anesthesia.

resource site:

June 28, 2011 at 4:53 am
(2) Beautymed says:

It would be much better if you could just undergo a liposuction procedure rather than taking some pills or some kind, because you might not know the side effects of it.

Question: Will anesthesia be used?

Answer:Yes, liposuction is performed under general anesthesia. However, if only a small amount of fat is being suctioned, liposuction can sometimes be performed under local anesthesia, so you won’t feel any pain during the procedure.

Here is the resource site:

July 5, 2011 at 4:08 am
(3) Safer Cosmetic Surgery says:

I suppose whether liposuction / other surgical procedures are a good idea will vary a lot on a case by case basis – but I think if someone is seriously unhappy with their appearance for any reason, taking pills full of chemicals can’t be the best option.

July 22, 2012 at 6:42 pm
(4) Elisha says:

I went on a diet so I can loose some weight for my 19th birthday. I gave up sweets,junk and fast food. I walk every morning at least 5 times a week at 3mph for 1 hour. I’m on a 800-1,000 calorie diet. I would take 3 -5 pills a day. A bottal will last me about two weeks. So $40.00 a month. Some times I’ll have a soda here and there or a piece of candy but lipozene worked for me. I lost 45.3 pounds.

July 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm
(5) Tim says:

Elisha how long did it take u too lose that much weight tho?

July 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm
(6) Tim says:

Elisha How long did it take u to lose that much weight??

August 13, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(7) kris says:

Hey ive only been taking one lipozine pill half hour before most meals, it supposed to act as an appitite suppressent i guess. I weigh 220 lbs im a size 14 in the US. So far its worked for me ive only been using it for about a week and ive lost like 10 lbs.

August 18, 2012 at 3:12 pm
(8) barni says:

How many a day?

August 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm
(9) Dawn says:

Well I have used it for 2 weeks and have noticed some changes in my eating habits now, but not a great amount of wt lost, maybe 5 pounds. I am not feeling as hungry as I use to all the time evenso, so it is working in that aspect. I must be honest and say I have not weighed myself yet, but I have be able to fit some outfits and some of my undergarments that us to fit really tight before I started are now fitting so much better and I wore two outfits I had not been in for a few months. I just ordered 3 bottles for 32 dollars on Amazon.com tho, because you get more for you money! I say it works

August 25, 2012 at 4:30 am
(10) Chanda says:

Well I jus brought the pills lastnite but im kind of nervous to take them. I wanted to read even more about it but I havent heard anything bad which is good.so maybe I will start soon. I will get back n let u all kw how it turned out!

August 26, 2012 at 3:23 am
(11) Tim W. says:

I have taken lipozene for 2 months, I have lost almost 20lbs. And 4 inches off my waist. I was skeptical at first but lost the weight, I have had no problems. I recomend this product to anyone needing to lose weight.

August 28, 2012 at 6:22 am
(12) GeminiBaby says:

I just start taking the pill a week now and Im not on a special diet, I feel and see the difference so far, nothing drastic but I guess as time proceed the pill will take its coarse. I order my pills froom Walmart.com on line bcause thats the cheapest I have find so far. You get 2 pills for the price of 1. I bought 2 boxes so thats 4 pills all together and I spend with shipping and taxes in all $44 total. Any better deals out there please feel free to share. Thanks

August 30, 2012 at 2:23 pm
(13) Jamie says:

I would like to know if it does work before i buy them. Some people says it doesn’t work and others does. Lets me know what going on before I do buy them

August 31, 2012 at 9:48 pm
(14) eloise says:

The old fashioned way is still the best! A well balanced diet with plenty of water and exercise does the trick every time! I am 45 and started eating healthy and dusted off my tennis shoes and started with a short walk which 4 months later I am down 40.5 lbs and my short walk has turned into a nice jog with sprinting in between! You do not need chemicals to lose weight! Spend your money onhealthy food and some new tennis shoes!

September 5, 2012 at 10:24 am
(15) Chris says:

I agree with Eloise wholeheartedly. The good old fashion way is the way to go. Close your mouth and open your mind. Drop the soda and the remote control. Walk around the block, meet some of your neighbors; you might even find someone that will join you in your walks and encourage you to keep it up.

September 15, 2012 at 5:38 pm
(16) Raito says:

I have been overweight for a long time. I’m 20 now and despite my daily walks and healthy food, I still am heavy. I’m on my feet lifting boxes and what-not at my job five days a week, eight hours a day. Some of these boxes contain 4 1-gallon containers at a time. Full, mind you.

I have never been able to lose weight. I don’t eat a lot of junk food, I don’t drink soda. I very rarely eat fast food. And I walk every single day unless it raining. I even walk in the snow. I used to jog, but being on the top heavy side, it hurt my chest having the twin girls bouncing around.

My dad tried Lipozene first, and said he thought it was working. Now I’ve tried it. I haven’t been taking it long, but why not? If it works, it works. It’s not that expensive. $20 for two bottles at Wal-mart isn’t bad. Losing weight just isn’t as easy as some as it is others. The ‘old-fashioned way’ hasn’t really work for me by itself. Instead of treating the pill as a crutch, I’m using it as an aid with normal routine.

September 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm
(17) Charlie Bridges says:

I was and still do eat Oatmeal, the steel cut or the thick rolled. It seemed to help. I was alweays skeptical of these or any diet pill. The ingredient in these things is just pure natural fiber (glucomannan). So the only side effects you may get would be similar to eating to much oatmeal or bran. It does give you a sense of fullness. That is a big help. The fiber is soluble. The same fibre that oatmeal has that helps with cholestrol. Personally this is one of the safer diet aids manufactured.
My sister in law did the Sensa diet and let me tell you. She lost some weight. But she said the trick was to make yourself stop when your full.
Ugggh okay. That stuff is reazl expensive. My recommendation. Try the steel cut oatmeal before you start any diet supplement program.
Surgery should always be a last resort.

October 2, 2012 at 9:58 am
(18) Ada Bren says:

I paid 19.99 at walmart for two bottles. Why is everyone paying so much. They’re the same bottles that are on the television. Anyways, i just started so we will see. I like judging the product for myself. But its nice to read reviews. Good luck everyone.

October 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(19) marlaG says:

I have been taking the pill for 2 weeks & lost 21 pounds. I to bought mine at WalMart & paid only 20 for 2 bottles. I have health problems and dissabilities that don’t allow me to do the work outs like every one else. I have had no side effects & am very happy.

October 4, 2012 at 3:17 am
(20) Tera says:

I’ve been debating wether I shld buy some. But reading all these good reviews has me motivated to really lose weight. Thank u all for y’all honesty. I will be purchasing mines tmaro at walmart.

October 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm
(21) Tia says:

I’m motivated and I just ordered mines and cant wait to start losing weight I have always weighed 130 and after i had my baby I gained alot i am now 169 i will let you know my results very soon!

October 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm
(22) Channelle says:

Well I bought mines at Walmart too. I thank everyone for there honest reviews and I just startd today so hopefully ill get the same results and the pounds will drop off ill keep everyone posted smiles

October 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm
(23) Gloria says:

I’m skeptical about using this product, I had my thyroid remove and 2009 and any who has had thyroid problems knows about struggles with weight gain. the traditional way is not working for me so I’ll give it a try. Will get back with you guys in two-weeks.

M’s G

October 9, 2012 at 10:21 am
(24) Ang says:

I am 60 years old and way over-weight. My Doctor suggested Weight Watcher…I started in May of this year. Along with watching what I eat, and doing a 1 mile in-house walking exercise program with mild cardio every day, I have lost 35lbs so far. I am very happy with the results so far. If I can do it at my age, anyone can!

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss…remember, it is never too late to get healthy!

October 12, 2012 at 1:36 am
(25) jolynn says:

Has anyone gone over the 2 month mark and continued t to lose wait

October 12, 2012 at 2:46 pm
(26) Lynn says:

My 4th child is almost 5 months old. Gained 60lbs with this one! Not a happy person about that. Have lost about 38 of the 60. Just started the pills today, hoping it works for me also. Will keep you posted on how well it works for me. I do try to work out about 30mins 3 times a week.

October 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm
(27) Coldwitit says:

I just purchased the pills myself… I purchased mine at Walgreens to for 19.99 can’t wait to get started I will post my results my current weight is 248 I’m hoping to get down to at least 215 well wish me luck starting tonight

October 13, 2012 at 9:28 am
(28) Patti says:

Thanks for that. My head told me it was BS, but I’d always tempting to find the easy way!

October 13, 2012 at 8:21 pm
(29) Lois says:

Thankyou for your very helpful information. You just saved me a lot of money!!

October 15, 2012 at 11:00 am
(30) Hawaiian Mami says:

Just received my box in the mail. Did some reading and after a lot of success stories I read I’ll start many pill s today.. talkin a trip. 24 days and hopin to lose at least some type of weight!!!.. I’ll keep yall posted.

October 15, 2012 at 11:30 am
(31) Kim says:

I just started taking these this past weekend in an attempt to help me shead some pounds before my wedding next year. I have a broken thyroid so losing weight is not easy for me. Plus I sit on my butt at a computer 8+ hours a day earning my paycheck. I have taken 1 pill a day for the past 2 days and continued to eat normally. Mind you I do not have a horrible diet. I lost about 1 pound so far so I dont think that is something to report. I’ll step it up this week to 2 pills a day and see where I get.

October 18, 2012 at 6:30 am
(32) anyelizave says:

i just bay the pills i am 24 years old am i weight 280 pound i hope it woks for me

October 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm
(33) Dagny says:

Look at the label and you’ll see Lipozene is simply a Glucomannan Konjac fiber supplement, and a seriously overpriced one, at that!! Konjac is a fiber that is widely used in Southeast Asia. Consuming fiber tends to make you feel fuller, longer so you’ll eat less; this is the basis for Lipozene’s claims.

If you want to try using a Konjac fiber supplement to see if it tends to make you feel full, inexpensive products are available from reputable suppliers such as Puritan.com.

You might also try eating Shirataki noodles, made of konjac, available in any Asian grocery store.

November 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm
(34) Chantel says:

I am 24 years d and had my baby about 10 months ago I’ve had a poor diet and just let myself get out of control I weighed 125 and am now at 180 I’m hoping this works so badly I would live to be able to fit in my regular clothes again and feel better about myself of anyone has anybodeas please let me now on how to lose this weight I am going to start pill tomm nov 6 wish me luck :)

November 7, 2012 at 9:39 am
(35) anjie says:

I’ve had my pills for almost a year never used them. For being scared some crazy side effect would kill me.I’m very very obesity and need some help after reading wht so many of u had 2 say I will b starting my pills Monday.its going 2 b a long road cause I’m 150pds over weight..

November 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm
(36) denise says:

had my husband buy Lipozene for me today.. working out has started to plateau.. hopeful the product will help me reach my goal. good luck to you all.

November 27, 2012 at 8:44 pm
(37) Susan Roth says:

I had the Gastric Pass-By Surgery & after I had reached my weight goal, my physician stated I could use LIPOZENE, to help e maintain my weight. However, I have never had any side effects & had lost an additional 5+ pound a week when I used Lipozene.

My personal opinion is Lipozene is not like every other diet supplement; it does work better. As for the small print that states ‘sensible daily diet and exercise’ is advised. Well, ‘ a sensible daily diet and exercise’ is always a good idea for anyone over weight and Lipozene helps most individuals when the weight does start to fall off!

November 28, 2012 at 9:05 pm
(38) Narayan says:

I jus received my pills n the mail today took two already I’m 31 with 3 kids gained over 100 PDA with my twins which is now 3 and its time for the weight to come off I hope it works…

November 30, 2012 at 7:45 pm
(39) denise says:

Hello, just stopping in with an update ..18 days later dropped 8 lbs & down 2 sizes. Exercised 3x a week (due to my work schedule) & took Lipozene as directed. Hope everyone is has the success I have had.

December 11, 2012 at 11:30 pm
(40) jen says:

just picked up my pills today! my goal is to lose 15-20 lbs in the next month and a half! wish me luck ill touch base in 2 weeks!

December 16, 2012 at 11:53 pm
(41) lf says:

I started going to the gym at 44 yo, 5 months later I had lost 30lbs
at 48yo I am competing in powerlifting I have set state and national records and i never touched a pill , now I work hard to keep my weight up
instead of working to keeping it down ;)
dont be stupid, you wanna lose weight, keep it off , look and feel great
move your ass and join a gym no pill is going to make you lose a damn thing and even surgery is temporary whether it’s liposuction or gastric bypass if you don’t change your ways it will all come back

December 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm
(42) Skekptic, but worth a try!? says:

39 yo. male, (5′-7″; from 180Lbs. to +- 172lbs.) always maintained physical health, keept diet consciouse, but subject to imperfection, as well as indulging in alcoholic beverages a few times a week. Most recently I began to take Lipozene along with the Metabolizm suppliment that is offered by Lipozene. These two pills I take twice a day without a change in diet, exercise, nor feeling physically (gastric) different. I have been religiously following this program for three weeks, and have lost 7-8Lbs., but most noticebly; my clothes fit me much different. My mid section, waist, and hips are much more trim. My pants have a better fit, and my shirt is much looser around the abdominal area. My neck and face also looks more trim, without giving me the sick, wrinkled skin look. So my body does not get accustomed, I will cycle these suppliments (1 month on & 2 weeks off). Overall I am happy, and it is getting me over that “hump.” I always give a suppliment a month to show some signs, this suppliment started showing signs within 2 weeks. Walmart is where I found to be the best buy. Try to eat a little better, exercise, and be on time with your suppliments; It’s cheap, try it!…still drinking beer too.

December 23, 2012 at 3:39 pm
(43) Janea says:

Heyy You guys Im 18 and plan on going into the air force when i graduate, i bought my lipozene pills today and im starting on the first along with a reduced calorie diet and exercise about 3 times a week i am well over 100 lbs over weight hoping this works thanks for the advice. Ill report back on the 14th with results….by the way I bought mine at walmart for 19.88

December 26, 2012 at 2:45 pm
(44) BO JACKSON says:

I LIFT 5 TIMES A WEEK . DO CARDIO DAILY 3 MILES BIKE 2 MILES TREAD MILL . I WAS AT 244 AND KEPT GROWING TO 258 BECAUSE OF MY MUSCLE MASS . I STARTED LIPOZENE AND IN 30 DAYS WAS DOWN 22 POUNDS . AGAIN I WORK AT MY BODY 2 TO 2.5 HRS. A DAY BUT I CONTRIBUTE MY WIEGHT LOSS TO LIPOZENE . AND I AM STILL USING THE PRODUCT. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS NOTHIN WORKS JUST SENTIN AROUND SAYING WOO HOO IM ABOUT TO GET SKINNY .YOUR NOT . GOOD DIET , EXCERSIZE , AND GOOD SUPPLIMENTS . WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO BE . THATS THE REAL SMALL PRINT .

December 27, 2012 at 11:47 am
(45) lipozene user says:

Well i took lipozene and i lost 50lbs. I was 198 when i started taking them in March of ’11 and in February of ’12 i was weighing 148. They worked for me……………..didn’t exercise not once

January 1, 2013 at 5:04 pm
(46) Candice says:

Lipozene is nothing more than a scam trying to take peoples money. I saw a commercial for it on TV and was going to order it, then I looked it up online and found this review saying Lipozene is a fraud. I’m glad I did. I will never buy this junk!

It just goes to show, you should always do your research people!

January 1, 2013 at 5:11 pm
(47) 'berto says:

Three-step weight loss plan:
1. Eat less
2. Eat better
3. Move your body

January 2, 2013 at 2:30 am
(48) Fatboy says:

Well I guess I’m a sucker.. anything that helps no matter how small is nice, but get it from ebay at about half the cost.. Fact is.. my doctor told me to try it, or HCG, this was cheaper and if I try it for one month and get good results .. then good, otherwise I am out $16.00

If the stuff didn’t work I know the US Government would stop the sale of it hell the democrats think they know every thing especially since the great one.. took office….

January 4, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(49) Hal Pederson says:

I took Lipozene for 30 days exactly as directed. Nothing happened. I didn’t change my eating habbits or activity level. I bought another 30-day supply, just to give it an honest chance. Still NOTHING happened. The online deal is also part of the scam, as they automatically send you more and bill you automatically. I also looked for the “clinically proven results” that they talked about, but did not find any, at all, so that is a blatant lie, as well. The whole thing is a scam.

January 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm
(50) lizzy says:

I just bought my bottles today at Walgreens.. Hopefully it works for me…i really need to lose weight. I am also doing zumba at mornings at my house,twice a week..will see how it goes!

January 10, 2013 at 11:28 pm
(51) skeptic but worth a try says:

I am on my 2 week break from Lopozene. I did not loose much more than my last post, I have lost a solid 10Lbs…not much, but not bad for one month. Since I work out, and take proteine for muscle recovery, I am probably experincing muscle growth as well. I appear much trimmer, especially in the abdominal area…my wife does not know I am taking Lipozene, and she is freaking out on my progress. So, for all you “haters,” just understand…supplimints have different effects for different people. Keep active, watch your caloric intake, drink around 64oz of water per day, cut out the empty calories, increase your protiene, and maybe suppliments just don’t work for you!? No sodas, or surgary drinks, but I still drink my Miller Lite!

January 16, 2013 at 1:22 am
(52) millie says:

Maaannn… their is so much good feedback and bad feedback!. I don’t even know what to do!. ….I think I’m still gunna try it atleast for the days the bottle lasts me. Wich is probably like 2 weeks. If I see results ill keep buying them. (Hopefully I see some) I’m also gunna try adding alittle bit of working out to it. (The pills kent make it happen by themselves ;) . Here I goooooooo…………..

January 17, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(53) Jules says:

I read all of these comments some positive some negative. I work out at a gym cardio and lifting lost no weight but did lose body fat, contributing factors muscle weighs more than fat, and although my diet wasn’t bad I was over doing the salad and not enough protein. So I switched it up last week less than 10 days ago high protein diet chicken and fish no dairy starch 1-2 times a day Carlson fish oil gel tabs 4×1000 3 times a day with meal 100% whey protein meal supplement 1-2 x’s a day protein and veggies lunch dinner 2 eggs one with yoke spinach omelette for breakfast water water water multi vitamin and vitamin C……… I was 213 last Wednesday I’m 202 today Thursday jan 17. 2013. I just started back at gym yesterday from being out of gym since Christmas Eve…….looking forward to next weeks weigh in. By the way I saw a nutritionist who suggested this to me.

January 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm
(54) Gabby says:

ive been taking these pills and it works amazing seriously! ive taken 2 tablets twice a day…4 in total a day…. and with some nice dieting and working out 4 times a week I lost 10 pounds in 1 week!!! ik sounds too good to be true but im telling you I was just as surprised just give up the junk and exercise I didn’t even do heavy duty workouts but it works!!

February 6, 2013 at 1:48 am
(55) crystal says:

Ok if this prodect is bad then why have I heard thousands of people losing 50 or 65 pounds a month with this stuff. I’m 19 I been debating to get it or not.but if its works for them when. Not try it out for my self. Believe me some times eaten mg right needs a kick in the ass to help it

February 12, 2013 at 1:24 pm
(56) Tony Fonseka says:

Thank you for the insight to this product. I was just about to purchase some of it. Thanks to your analytical breakdown of their claims, I am not too sure this is the right product for me.

February 18, 2013 at 8:05 pm
(57) brandey chaires says:

I just started to day.and u can feel it working!ur tummy feels warm and full.so we’ll see.hope this helps.

February 19, 2013 at 11:20 am
(58) Jennifer says:

I’ve had so many struggles trying to lose weight since j was younger. I’ve done the mesotherapy which is the combo if injections and pills and lost 20 lbs in month with no dieting or exercising just drinking more water. But that got too expensive. I’ve seen mixed reviews but I was trying to figure out if it works good or not. I’m 22 weighing a horrifying 260 lbs the biggest I’ve ever been in my life. I’ve also joined a gym but no results yet. Last time I would go to the gym I lost about 12 lbs in a month. My weight fluctuates so going back to my wonder if it works. Haven’t seen any side effects posted like dizziness or nausea or lightheaded so ill try it out for myself. Ill post results in two weeks. Wish me luck!

February 24, 2013 at 12:39 am
(59) coco b says:

My sister bought this product and she lost weight tremendously….she was in a size 16 Now she is in a 7 um telling u the pills work u dont hace to stop eating what u like keep ir calories under control…excercise a lil and u good….I started taking them 1wk ago I was 200 lbI have already lost 10 lbs

March 3, 2013 at 8:37 pm
(60) FunctionalFoodie says:

Lipozene and products like it are just an example of exploiting an ignorant consumer base that values convenience over value or effectiveness.

Konjaku is a functional fiber that is easily purchased in bulk form either as crude wet cakes or bags of dried flour. The bagged powder is about $20/lb, and it can be added as a thickener to many types of food and drink to get the same amount of digestible fiber at a far lower cost than tiny capsules.

March 5, 2013 at 4:14 pm
(61) Anna says:

Heyy Everyone,
I am debating whether or not to take this pill. I am 17 years old and I weigh 212 pounds. I am in track at school and I don’t eat very healthy. It is extremely hard for me to exercise because of my weight. I have seen sooo many good reports on this pill, but yet there are the bad reports. Please help me figure out if this is the pill for me.

March 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm
(62) Ronda McDonald says:

I bought lipozene and in one month I lost a total of 35 pounds and I am not taking it anymore and still keeping the weight off. I am very pleased with it. It really does work .

March 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm
(63) Carmen Norwood says:

Thank you for saving me $29.95 that I cannot really afford to waste!

March 13, 2013 at 11:44 am
(64) Lela says:

I just started taking the pills today!! I’ve been extercising and eating well. Quit drinking soda, so far i’ve lost two pant sizes in three weeks but i want to lose more weight for the summer!!!!! I bought my pills at walmart for 19.99 for two bottles!!! Wish me luck!!!

March 18, 2013 at 7:26 am
(65) Kwawima says:

I’ve read bad revues and good revues I’m just going to purchase it myself and see myself I’ll get back in about 2 weeks

March 18, 2013 at 6:52 pm
(66) Maria says:

I just completed my first day of being on Lipozene. I am 18 years old, still in highschool. Im 180 pounds. Im hoping to see results more that see lost pounds on a scale. I just started also working out as much as I can. Really hope this works for me. I’ll try to post my results as time progresses. I bought the two bottle pack at wal-mart for $20. Not to bad, let’s hope I see some results!!! Best wishes to everyone out there like me trying to shed some inches!! <3

March 24, 2013 at 3:14 am
(67) Monique says:

Jst got my fort pack today at walmart for 21 dollars. I’ve been reading so many review it sad. So I’m 23 and weight 329( I know) . My birthday is in June so I would like to be 300 by then. I’m going to tar 3 pills a day( don’t have the money to take 6). Try to work out 3 times a day,cut back on fast food, and drink more water or low calorie sodas. Check by in 2 weeks from now.

March 29, 2013 at 9:02 pm
(68) chia says:

Lipozene does work. It all depends on you. If your willing to go that extra mile then you will lose weight. People who arnt taking them 4+ times a day arnt gonna see results as fast as those who do.

April 22, 2013 at 2:48 am
(69) Live,laugh,love says:

I had gastric bypass 8 months ago. I started out weighing 300 lbs. 2 months ago my weight was stuck at 170. My doctor told me to try lipozene. I have lost 23 lbs with eating healthy and working out cardio 3 x’s a week for 30 min.

May 6, 2013 at 3:23 am
(70) Ashley says:

I’ve been battling with my weight for five years now I’m twenty one hopefully these works wish me luck

May 12, 2013 at 2:10 am
(71) sac lancel says:

The headphones don’t flip flat as well as Philips doesn’t give you a travel pouch in the package

May 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(72) Alexandra says:

I have been on lipozene for a couple days and i weigh 210 lbs atm. I am hopeful of results. I take 4 a day, as i see it pointless to take them with a couple peices of fruit in the morning. Even if no “shedding of pounds” follows my decisiin, the mere fact that im never really hungry is satisfying and helpful towards weight loss. Im also more motivated to ve active w more energy.

May 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm
(73) Willie says:

I have been using lipozene for nearly two weeks. I guess I see a little difference. However, I have a sweet tooth and I have eaten cake a couple of times. Well, last Sunday, alone, I ate four pieces of cake from a cake sale at church. But, honestly, despite the wrong stuff that I do and the fact that I don’t exercise, I do see about an inch gone from my waist. Now, I do drink lots of water — something I never did before. I am going to start exercising next week and I will let you know then what weight I have lost in the next two weeks. As for weight, I have only lost about 2 pounds, but I eat sweets. Oh, I love black jelly beans and I eat them too. Maybe I am not the person to go by. But I have lost an inch or so since being on Lipozene

July 19, 2013 at 1:40 am
(74) Cellulite Factor says:

It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people on this subject, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
Thanks

July 20, 2013 at 11:42 pm
(75) Dawn says:

I have been taking the pills 1 pill twice a day, I am paralyzed from the waist down, and have noticed I was getting a lot of extra junk in the trunk, been on the pills for 11 days and no exercise, mostly bed ridden and have lost 17lbs. The trunk is going from full size to compact….lol, there is a big difference that a mere 17lbs makes. If you go on the Lipozene site itself you can get 4 bottles for $29.99 with free shipping.
Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight.

July 20, 2013 at 11:42 pm
(76) Dawn says:

Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight.

January 29, 2014 at 6:17 pm
(77) savannah says:

Sorry ur entitled to ur opinions i have been taking them only 7 days already lost 2lbs and i also only paid 19 bucks for them they r awesome

February 19, 2014 at 12:09 pm
(78) ktb84 says:

Hey! Negative people really are bad for human society and if you don’t like it disagree with the product or just had no results from your own experience, than don’t discourage other people from giving things a shot! Smh just cause it did not work for you dosn’t mean it won’t for the next person! ! Anyways,, Been taking these pills for 2 days and already lost 5 pounds, no exercise, no diet, just lighter portions. Started on Monday weighing in at 210 & am already down to 205 & its only weds! Im 29 2 kids and honestly I have a very bad sense of motivation when it comes to working out! (Oh, and for anyone wondering what your body will go through while taking the product) so far, there are no side effects! Since monday ive of course been a lil more frequent with bowel movements, but nothing major no tummy pains, nothing! Feel free to ask me questions! Ill b happy to share my journey!

March 10, 2014 at 8:58 pm
(79) melissa says:

I started taking these pills a week ago and have gained 8 pounds! Has anyone experienced this?

March 31, 2014 at 11:39 pm
(80) Renee says:

Hey Melissa, I thought it was just me… I gained weight as well. I am now off the pills I’ve started to exercise and changed my eating habits… I am now on a 2000 calorie diet. I think I am going to stick to the natural way of losing weight.