Aside from the Stem Cell Therapy cream, there is another topical skin care cream that claims to make your skin look younger by eradicating wrinkles. Per the website, LifeCell “virtually makes your lines and wrinkles vanish before your very eyes in 17 seconds.”
1. LifeCell Claim(s)The manufacturer of LifeCell makes the following claims:
- LifeCell is better than a facelift.
- LifeCell is better than cosmetic injections.
- There is 100% proof-positive that LifeCell works.
- LifeCell makes your lines virtually vanish.
2. Why They State You Need Their ProductThe company states that the product can postpone the need for cosmetic surgery and eliminate the need for Botox injections.
3. How It WorksLifeCell works due to light-reflecting technology. The light reflecting technology reflects light away from the wrinkles, thus making them invisible.
4. IngredientsPer the product website, LifeCell is an “all natural formula” which contains six potent, yet harmless, anti-aging ingredients. No ingredients are immediately listed after that statment. Then much further down on the website, six ingredients are listed. LifeCell, however, does not specifically state that those are the six ingredients in the product.
- Uttwiler Spätlauber Stem Cells: The website gives this big blurb about how the Uttwiler Spätlauber apple has resilient stem cells that act like a “youth tonic.” These stem cells nourished and protected human stem cells from by delaying their aging and death in clinical studies. The company claims they have “scored clinical potency of the Uttwiler Spatlauber stem cell” but never clearly states that it is an ingredient in LifeCell.
- Dithiolane-3-Pentanic Acid (D3PA): D3PA serves as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Specifically it combats free radicals which cause wrinkles by damaging healthy skin cells.
- Deanol: Deanol promotes muscle toning and is a firmness activator. Deanol is said to promote the production of acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a hormone that acts on nerves. The acetylcholine is thought to cause the skin to firm and the muscles underneath to tone. The website states that long-term use can have permanent effects, specifically a leaner look to the face due to improved muscle tone.
- Ubiquinone: Ubiquinone is another antioxidant. It is thought to be one of the most potent antioxidants. It promotes the production of collagen and other skin components which help the skin to maintain a youthful appearance.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-3: This is the “Ultimate Botox Alternative” the company alludes to. This ingredient supposedly has the same effect as Botox without the injection aspect.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Ascorbyl Palmitate is a fancy term for Vitamin C. Vitamin C has a number of positive effects. It enhances wound healing, collagen production, protects the skin from ultraviolet rays, and can lighten dark spots.
5. End ResultLifeCell purports to do the following:
6. When To Expect ResultsPer the company, LifeCell works within 17 seconds of application.
7. PriceNo price is listed on the LifeCell website. They simply ask for your information for a 30-day trial, no money down. You will have to pay shipping and handling, which means you will likely have to give your credit card information. I doubt there is a (cash-on-delivery) COD option!
8. Research/StudiesLifeCell tries to give the appearance that their product has been vetted by Harvard, Yale, Cornell, and Oxford University’s medical departments. In their defense, they never state that LifeCell itself has been studied by these entities. They do state that the effectiveness of the individual ingredients that are in LifeCell has been studied. Furthermore the claim that there is 100% proof-positive that LifeCell works is not supported.
9. Advantages And DisadvantagesAdvantages:
- There are no painful injections involved.
- There is no surgical procedure which means no downtime.
- No prescription is required for LifeCell.
- There are no before and after pictures of the effects of LifeCell.
- You need to continue using the product for an effect, if there is indeed any effect. This is similar however to cosmetic injections.
- No price is listed up front.