According to statistics provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 205,000 people underwent liposuction in 2011. Liposuction is a surgical procedure that involves having fat removed from areas of the body through a thin, long, hollow instrument known as a cannula. Suction pressure is applied to the end of the cannula to vacuum out the fat.
People have different reasons for getting liposuction. Some people have liposuction to treat stubborn areas resistant to exercise. Others use it to replace proper diet and exercise. This was not the original intent of liposuction, but it seems that it used for “weight management” more and more frequently.
For those who do not want to have any type of surgery, are there other “quick fixes” to improve a person’s physique and to look slimmer…without diet and exercise? LIPOZENE claims to be this panacea.
1. LIPOZENE ClaimsPlease note that all the LIPOZENE claims below are taken directly from LIPOZENE commercials.
- Clinically proven to lose pounds of body fat and weight.
- You don't have to change your life, just take LIPOZENE, that's it.
- Liposuction is dangerous.
- Data supported by clinical double-blindstudy done at a "major university."
2. Why They State You Need Their ProductLIPOZENE is a safe and effective way to help you lose weight without a change in lifestyle.
3. How It WorksAlong with at least 8 ounces of water, LIPOZENE capsules are taken thirty minutes before each meal. The capsules form a dietary fiber gel in your stomach that makes you feel full. This enables you to eat less without feeling hungry.
LIPOZENE contains a “super fiber” known as Glucomannan. Glucomannan is a sugar that comes from the root of the konjac plant. Aside from weight loss, glucomannan is used for constipation, blood sugar control, and lowering cholesterol. In cooking, it used to thicken or gelatinize foods. Glucomannan can come in the form of a capsule, tablets, flour, or powder.
The manufacturer states there is no caffeine or other stimulants in the product.
5. End ResultPer the LIPOZENE website, weight loss will vary depending on each individual. However, LIPOZENE guarantees that you will lose weight and body fat, or you can get your money back!
6. When To Expect ResultsWhen reading the small print, an average of 3.86 pounds can be lost over an 8-week period.
LIPOZENE costs $29.95 for 30 capsules. At certain times the website offers free shipping and handling as well as buy one get one free.
All orders are subject to a $1.35 fuel charge.
8. Research/StudiesLIPOZENE claims that its data is supported by a clinical double-blind study done at a "major university." The "major university" is never named.
9. Advantages and DisadvantagesAdvantages:
- No major or minor invasive procedure involved, such as liposuction.
- No prescription is required.
- No known side effects.
- No change in lifestyle necessary.
- It is a “natural” weight loss supplement.
- At their suggestion of six capsules a day, 30 capsules will last for five days. This adds up to approximately $179.00 per month. If you get the buy one get one free package, that cost is halved - $89.50 per month.
- There are no full-body before and after pictures. A consumer has no proof of the effects of LIPOZENE as supposed LIPOZENE users are shown only from the shoulders up.
- You need to continue using LIPOZENE for an effect.
LIPOZENE may very well be effective as an appetite suppressant due to its bulk-forming capacity. Similar to any fiber supplement or a big bowl of oatmeal or bran, LIPOZENE creates bulk in your stomach making you feel full. In turn, this should make you eat less. Ultimately there will be some consumers who will eat even if they feel full. Undoubtedly, if weight loss were as simple as cutting off eating once you felt full, there’d be no need for a supplement called LIPOZENE. Self-control will have made weight loss procedures, weight loss drugs, and weight loss supplements obsolete.
Additionally, in small print, LIPOZENE does recommend diet and exercise. This in and of itself is a good thing, but goes against the claim that no lifestyle change is needed. For the $179.00 month, just go to the gym and skip the LIPOZENE. You can get a gym membership for much cheaper than $179.00 per month. Use the rest of the money for some bran or whatever form of fiber you like.
Finally, I’m very wary of any manufacturer that claims its product has been endorsed or researched by a “major university,” but refuses to disclose the name of the university. Institutes of higher learning are eager to share data that is honest and revolutionary. They are also very eager to attach their name to such data!
So is LIPOZENE better than liposuction? They are two entirely different processes. Liposuction permanently removes fat cells. It can be used to treat areas in normal-weight people that are resistant to proper diet and exercise. Liposuction can be also be used to remove fat in overweight people. The process is a faster approach than hitting the gym, but it involves surgery. And with surgery comes risks. The effects of LIPOZENE will ultimately vary according to the self-discipline of the person using it. However no surgical risks are involved.