- Bleeding: Due to the large number of blood vessels within the labia
- Nerve Damage: Hypersensitivity (increased sensitivity) or loss of sensation that impairs sexual arousal and pleasure
- Tight Scars: Makes vaginal penetration painful
- Painful Scarring: Lasting pain in scars
- Incision Breakdown: Opening of an incision before it is fully healed
- Asymmetry: Labia do not appear equal in shape
- Unacceptable Cosmesis: Dissatisfaction with the final appearance
It is important that you ask your surgeon any questions that you might have regarding the risks of a labiaplasty.